- Should be as simple as they can be while still being useful.
- Should be designed so that graphics and functionality serve the content rather than the other way around.
- Should be based on open-standards instead of proprietary technology as much as possible.
- Don’t need to look like print, video or any other media.
- Should not be expected to look “pixel perfect” on different browsers.
Why You Need to Start With Words:
- Words are important.
- Words are the manifestation of ideas.
- Ideas come from the need to solve a problem.
- You need Words.
- You need Me.
Should graphics and programming come first, or should content?
A: Content. Without good content, a website is just a collection of code that a machine can understand.
Why You Shouldn’t Start With Graphics:
- All the world loves a pretty face…
- But if you don’t have any thing relevant to say…
- Your audience is going to become bored…
- And go someplace else.